Sunday, June 17, 2012

Tomato Power

The item that was top on my order form was the tomato power.  I was so excited that I could use it for every tomato based recipe that I have and eliminate have to buy a million different canned tomato items.  And did you know this can has 89 servings!! EIGHTY-NINE, that's a lot! Here are 2 recipes I'm trying first!!!

 Thrive Ketchup

1 cup Thrive Tomato Powder
3 ½ cups water
1/3 cup honey or sugar
1/3 cup cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. Thrive Chopped Onions (FD)
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. Thrive salt
½ tsp. pepper
½ tsp. dry mustard
1/8 tsp. allspice

1.   Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and bring to a boil.  Stir frequently. 
Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes until it reaches the consistency of ketchup.

 
Thrive Pizza Sauce

2 cups Thrive Tomato Powder, reconstituted
2 clove of minced garlic
1 Tbsp. Thrive Chopped Onion (FD)
1 cup Oregano (fresh or dried)
1 tsp. Basil (fresh or dried)
2 tsp. Thrive Sugar
½ tsp. pepper
Dash of salt

1.    Mix all ingredients in a saucepot.  Mix over medium high heat until thickens. 
2.    Serve on your favorite pizza crust.  Add toppings.

Need a good pizza dough recipe? Here's my favorite Pizza Crust! 
I'm also so excited that I can make our pizza totally customizable. For Jake's slice I don't have to 
open up an entire can of canned pineapple! For mine I don't have to buy a full tub of mushroom 
or cut and slice bell peppers.  For Mike's I don't have to defrost a pound of sausage...I can just 
grab a little hand full of each of these items from my THRIVE food.

No comments:

Post a Comment