Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Pizza Rolls

This summer my kids discovered pizza rolls.  Cheese and pepperoni rolled up in pizza dough dipped in pizza sauce...what's not to love?!?!
But here is when THRIVE comes in handy. On my pizza, I like mushrooms and peppers, some like pepperoni and one likes just pineapple.  Without having to open an entire thing of canned pineapple (which actually I didn't have) or run to the store to buy mushrooms (never have those on hand because the site of them makes my family barf!) I was able to grab a handful of pineapple and a handful of mushrooms from my pantry. Totally perfect!!

UPDATE: I like this recipe much better than my original recipe I found on Allrecipes! This recipe is from my great friend Lisa :)!

PIZZA DOUGH:

1 Tbsp. Yeast
2 C. warm water
1/4 C. sugar

5 1/4 C. flour
1 Tbls. coconut oil (her recipe calls for Soy Lecithin, but who has Soy Lecithin?!?!)
1/2 Tbsp. salt


In a small bowl dissolve sugar and yeast in warm water and let stand for about 10 mins.

In a separate bowl, combine 5 1/4 cups flour (just enough so it no longer sticks to the sides of your bowl), 1 Tbls oil and 1/2 Tbsp. salt. Once your yeast has turned a little bubbly on top combined your yeast and four mixtures.  Cover and let rise until dough doubles in size (30-60 mins, depends on how warm your house is!).

Cut the dough into 2 equals balls. Then begin to roll out in a large rectangular shape (careful not to roll too thin) on a well flours surface. Then top with cheese, THRIVE sausage, bell peppers, pineapple, mushrooms etc...and then roll it up!  You can put both of them on one well greased cookie sheet and back 375 for about 20-25 mins.

DIPPING/PIZZA SAUCE: 
(Or you can put it on the crust, that's not the pizza roll way, but we tried it this time, personally I'm a fan of just dipping it!!)

1/2 C. THRIVE Tomato Powder
2 C. water
1 tsp. oregano
1 tsp. parsley
1 tsp. basil
and then whatever other spices you might want...garlic, celery seed?

I threw that all in a sauce pan and let it simmer for about 10 mins, until it reaches desired consistency and then you're done!  Easy Peasy!  Dip away!

No comments:

Post a Comment