Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Count down to Black Friday: Day 10

The mini series on where to start: Where's My Water?

There's 10 days till the biggest shopping day of the year. It's the day we blow all our money on all the people we tolerate love!  So I figure it deserved a count down!

So while we all prepare for this awful blessed day, I'll give you a few ideas of what to ask for/give for Christmas this year.

Day 10: Water.  Without water, our bodies can only survive about 3-5 days, maybe a week if you're lucky.  Water is an essential part of your 'home store'.  It's recommended to have 1 gallon, per person, per day of water.  I know that seems like a lot but think about cooking, cleaning, flushing toilets and drinking.

I have one of those 55 gallon blue buckets, I purchased it about 5 years ago and it sits on the side of my house in a shady spot that never sees the sun. Not the best place for it, but that's were it sits...empty.  Yes you read that right. Empty!  For five years that thing has sat empty...but empty no longer.  My goal this month is to fill it!  It has made it from the side of my house to my backyard, see I'm making progress.  Maybe by this time next week it will have water in it.

Today I purchased this to help me out with my water supply, I want to store water but if I have to use it, I want it to be clean. I liked this package because it came with a pump, so I can actually get the water our and also because it comes with two of the top of the line water filters:
click on picture to view larger
**Do you want to know more about this filters?
The Advanced Seychelle Filtration Replacement Filter removes up to 99.9999% of viruses, contaminants and pollutants found in drinking water sources using its proprietary Ionic Adsorption Micron Filtration System. The replacement filter easily screws into bottle cap for convenient replacement.
If you already have buckets of water, you can buy just the pump ($29.48) or just the filters ($11.99 each). Seychelle also sales a straw!  Maybe the most expensive, yet vital straw you will ever buy.  It's on special this month for $12.46...great for backpacking!

**Do you want to know more about this straw?
The Seychelle Pure Water Straw with Advanced filter is a technological breakthrough in water filtration for people on the go - anywhere, anytime!
Compact, easy to use and truly versatile in its attractive carrying case, the Pure Water Straw is like a miniature bottled water plant.
It's ideal for traveling; in your purse, pocket, backpack, luggage, and car or for emergency preparedness. Every family should have several placed throughout the house; in backpacks, in car trunks or glove compartments!
The Pure Water Straw is a sure way of safeguarding the water you drink anywhere you go and best of all its 25-gallon capacity is equal to about 189 half liters of bottled water, providing great-tasting clean water at a fraction of the cost. Never leave home without it!
Key Features:
  • Up to 25-gallon filter life.
  • Now with BIOSAFE®, removes up to 99.99% of bacteria, virus, contaminants and pollutants found in drinking water including Guardia, Cryptosporidium, and E-Coli Bacteria.
  • Proven effective against bacteria and virus to six logs reduction (99.9999%).
  • Waterproof carrying case.
  • Ideal for everyday use and disaster preparedness.
  • Ultra light and compact.
  • Non-toxic BPA free materials.
  • Tested by Independent laboratories using EPA /ANSI protocols and NSF Standards 42 and 53.
  • Costs less than bottled water.
They have so many water products, they even have the kitchen sink! There's the WaterBrick ($16.78 and holds 3.5 gallons) for smaller spaces, they snap together and you could hide them under beds.  The have Aqua Blox (.58), they look like juice boxes for you 72 hours kits, I like those because they have a 5 year shelf life unlike a water bottle that only have a 2 year shelf life. And I bet you don't have to pay the stupid bottle tax!!
Anyway, don't forget the water!

Here is a spec sheet on all the filters that Shelf Reliance sells if you want to compare them side by side...
click on image to view larger

No comments:

Post a Comment