Wednesday, March 6, 2013

20 Minute Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch!














Ok tonight I was short on time and needed a quick meal.  Spaghetti is quick I thought, then realized my freezer was fresh out of my homemade spaghetti sauce and my pantry was out of canned! Okay I thought, time to just dig in and try my hand at Tomato Powder Spaghetti Sauce. It turned out amazing, I loved it!

Here is what I came up with and do you love my secret ingredient?!  It's the secret to my sauce :)!! Okay it's not my secret...it's my Mother-in-laws, I stole the idea from her :)!!

20 Minute Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch:
  • 1/2 cup FD Thrive Ground Beef Chunks
    1/2 cup Thrive Tomato Powder
    1 Tblp FD Thrive onions
    1 tsp basil
  • 1/2 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp crushed red peppers (if ya like a little spice)
  • 1 clove minced garlic
  • 2 Tblp Grape Jelly...yes, you read that right! My secret ingredient is Grape Jelly!!
  • 2 1/2 cups water
Instructions:

Throw that all in a pan with your 2 1/2 cups water.  Bring it to a boil and let it simmer for about 20 mins, then serve! I don't think it gets any easier...Easy peasy!

Yields: About 20 oz.


2 comments:

  1. Another Thrive Blogger "Your Home Store" posted a recipe I wanted. There was a button with "Save Recipe" on it and when I clicked it, it saved the recipe to my ZipList Box. You ought to check into doing that with your site. I am going to do a print command to see if I can save it as a .pdf file but if it has more than the recipe, I will then have to copy the recipe and put it in a word document.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought I'd point out that Thrive also has freeze-dried oregano and basil.
    1 tsp FD Thrive basil
    1/2 tsp FD Thrive oregano
    They've beta tested minced garlic and hopefully by January 2015 we will also be able to stock up on it.

    ReplyDelete