Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Best-Ever Homemade Pancake Mix

I've been on a hunt for the perfect homemade pancake mix.  I've tried a few and haven't been a real fan of any of them.  I have been trying to find one that uses powdered milk and powdered eggs, so all I have to do at 7:00 am is add water!!  Well I don't know why I didn't check Everyday Food Storage first because lets be honest, I think she is the best at everyday food storage!!  She has perfect recipes, they are basic and easy; yet delicious...like I said, perfect!
Here's a picture of her pancakes made from her Best-Ever Homemade Pancake Mix!  Don't they look amazing.  She also has a buttermilk pancake mix, I'm trying that one next!!

MAKING THE PANCAKE MIX

(makes 4 recipes)
8 C. flour
6 T. + 2 t. baking powder
4 t. salt
1/2 C. dry egg powder
2/3 C. sugar
1 1/3 C. dry non-instant milk powder or 2 2/3 C. instant milk powder
Mix dry ingredients together WELL (and make sure your baking powder is still good!) and store in an air tight container.

MAKING PANCAKES FROM THE MIX

2 3/4 C. pancake mix
2 1/4 C. water
1/3 C. oil (or bean puree)
Mix ingredients together until smooth.  Pour onto pre-heated griddle.  Flip pancakes when bubbles form.

Click here to see her Buttermilk Pancake Mix and a printable recipe sheet with other mixes!! Check her site out if you haven't it's great!!

Why is homemade mixes better, you ask? Read Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment