Thursday, April 4, 2013

Buttermilk Pancake/Waffle Mix...Just add Water!!!

Who doesn't love a good buttermilk pancake and waffle? But who the heck ever has buttermilk on hand? I don't.  And when I buy the thing of buttermilk I end up throwing out the last of it becuase I can't finish it before it goes bad.


Did you know you could buy powdered buttermilk? I found mine at Fred Myer's in the backing section.  Mine is 16 oz. and makes up to 5 quarts liquid buttermilk, it was maybe around $8...?  I'll be honest, that's totally a guess! It's a handy thing to have on hand when you want to make biscuits of pancakes!


Here's a just add water mix for ya (ok plus vanilla and butter!!):

Buttermilk Pancake Mix

3 1/2 Cups Flour
1/4 cup Sugar
4 Tsp. baking Powder
2 tsp. baking Soda
1 tsp. Salt
4 Tbsp. THRIVE Powdered Eggs
4 Tbsp. Buttermilk Blend
6 Tbsp. THRIVE Powdered Milk

To Make Pancakes:
1 Cup Mix
1 Tbsp. Melted Butter
3/4 Cup water
1/4 tsp. Vanilla

To Make Waffles:
1 1/2 Cup Mix
1 Cup Water
1 1/2 Tbsp Melted Butter
1/4 tsp. Vanilla

Mix well and let sit for 2 min or so while your griddle or iron is heatin' up and enjoy :)!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment