Sunday, April 28, 2013

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

Oh man, Mystery Host, what an event! I'm thrilled you all have fun.  I'm thrilled for our lucky winner Dawn...WOO HOO!! She scored on over $130 in free product! And Melissa who was our lucky, suppose to be $100 @half off winner scored big time since I'm such a nice person!! She really wanted the Blend Tech Kitchen Mill wheat grinder which is more than $100, but like I said...I'm a nice person and gave it to her at half off :)!!  See all the great things you can score when you host a party :)!!!

OK as promised I'm posting the Chicken Pot Pie Soup recipe that I made.  The original recipe came from an amazing blog Skinny Taste!  She takes all your favorite recipes and turns them to low fat or fat free recipes but they are delicious! She counts all the calories for you and even gives you the Weight Watcher points!!  Her original recipe is here!!

And my Thrived version is here!!

Thrived Up Chicken Pot Pie Soup

  • 3 Cups Water
  • 4 Cups Instant Milk, rehydrated (3/4 C Instant Milk Powder + 4 C water)
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Celery
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Chopped Onions 
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Mushrooms
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Peas
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Carrots
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Green Beans
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive FD Corn
  • 1 Cup Thrive FD potatoes? I didn't have and Thrive tatoes, I used one large potato diced...
  • 2 Cup Thrive FD Chicken
  • 1/4 Cup Thrive Veloute Sauce
  • 1 Tbls of Thrive FD Italian Seasoning
  • Salt and Pepper to taste
The directions couldn't really be any easier...throw this all in a big pan, bring to a boil then let simmer for about 10-15 minutes.  Test the chicken and green beans (they seem to take the longest!) to see if they are soft and rehydrated and BAM dinner is served!!


No comments:

Post a Comment