Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Meals in Minutes: Event One


Our first Meals in a Jar event went well!! Here are the links to all the recipes we did...

I love a good Classic Chicken Noodle Recipe (far left jar).  And this one was good but it need just a tad more broth! So instead of 3 cups, we said to add 6 cups water and and 2 Tablespoons chicken bouillon.

I really liked this Beef Stew recipe (pictured center) but it was a little to running for my taste buds when it comes to stew! So we added 4 Tablespoons of cornstarch instead of her 2 teaspoons. Oh and Tomato Dices wouldn't fit! It was full to the brim and my family doesn't like tomatoes anyway...so we left them out!

The ever so impressive and delicious Lasagna Soup recipe (Far right jar) was done by an amazing consultant Heather Lorimer and author of Cooking With my Food Storage. Check out her blog for lots of good recipes!

Testimonial: The other night I fell asleep on the couch, woke up at 4:30 and had to have dinner made, fed and cleaned up by 6:00 because we were having company over for dessert!! Did I panic...? No. Did I run for fast food...? No, I just brought my 8 cups water to a boil and then whisked in my beef stew jar! While it simmered I set the table and it was on the table 15 mins later! No washing veggies, no chopping, no defrosting, no peeling, nothing but dump and serve! AND I had ONE pan to wash...amazing!!


To find out how to start Thriving today, contact me by visiting my website!

Interested in Learning More about Making Meals in a Jar?  




No comments:

Post a Comment